28 July 2008

LAST CLASS!!

Tonight I will be attending my LAST class in my Master’s program…literally the last time I have to go sit in a Temple classroom! It’s been a long time coming; I started this Quality Assurance / Regulatory Affairs Master’s program in the Fall of 2003. I took one class per semester for a while then got engaged, took some time off to plan the wedding and go on our honeymoon then started up again full speed ahead, 2 classes per semester until today! I’ve taken classes in:

  • Drug development
  • Good Manufacturing Practices
  • Quality Audit
  • Food and Drug Law
  • Microbial Concepts of Pharmaceutical Manufacturing
  • High Purity Water systems
  • Pre-Approval Inspections
  • Good Clinical Practices
  • Vaccines: QA and RA Issues
  • Pharmaceutical Dosage forms
  • IND / NDA Submissions
  • Global Regulatory Affairs

Twelve classes is a little less than some other Master’s programs out there but there’s not really anything else like this program for Pharmaceutical professionals and there are not pre-requisites or core classes like statistics that are required. I’ve learned a lot and always found it interesting as the topics related to my job in one aspect or another all the time. Once I finish my final I’ll be awarded my diploma and can move on to mastering being a mom! I’ll probably consider taking more classes in new industry topics that interest me down the road but it will definitely be nice to not drive to Fort Washington after work or on the weekends again for a long time!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have 31.5 more credits to go

:(