22 August 2007

Hollywood comes to Phoenixville!!!!

We've been waiting for this day - the day that M. Night Shyamalan begins shooting scenes for his new movie "The Happening"! Filming for a portion of the movie is occurring right down the road on Route 23 at the G Lodge Restaurant. There are detours happening on the state road from 9-3 today, 22Aug07 and tomorrow and from 9-9 on Friday, 24Aug07!

I was tipped off by a local message board and began stalking to watch for changes. We had plans to eat breakfast there last weekend but unfortunately didn't have the time to see what it was like inside before shooting began.

First the detour notifications showed up then slowly, they have added a sign to the roof which now reads "Filberts Restaurant". Today when I drove by around 8AM, they had tents, cranes, partitions, lights and extras! It was so exciting! I took a few pics while driving by, trying not to hit the car in front of me but they are pretty crappy. I'll try again tomorrow and post all the pics then! Friday, I'm hoping to leave work for lunch time and get really close - maybe I'll even see Marky Mark!!!

Filming seems to be occurring all over the area, Bryan said that Marky Mark was filming in the lobby of his building in Philadelphia last week too! This site seems to have the best updates and even has some set pics! Keep an eye out! I can't wait until June 2008 to see it in the theater!!

No comments: