06 May 2007

Rant about spring

I love the springtime, I just hate how it makes me feel. My allergies are becoming unbearable. The sneezing and runny nose I can deal with, it's the itchy eyes and headaches that make me miserable. I'm seriously concerned I'm going to damage my eyes by rubbing and itching so much. Hopefully I'll get to the allergist this week and hopefully the drug companies have come out with a new and improved allergy relief drug - the three plus one OTC drugs I'm on aren't working! :(

Something that did make me feel a little better this allergy weekend is my improved front porch. Throughout the winter it was so barren. My new improvements have been the addition of two Kimberly Queen ferns (which Martha Stewart says are wonderfully inviting plants for entry ways), our wedding stepping stone and a new rocking chair!

I'd been wanting a chair for the empty corner since we moved in. This weekend I saw one at a yard sale and thought I could refinish it. After closer inspection, even though it was only $15, I decided it would be way more work than I wanted to put into it, so we bought a new one! I did all the assembly of it while Duane and Charley watched.

Check out the look of our front porch now!



No comments: