07 November 2008

Happy Due Date to us!

Well, it would be happier if I was in labor or had a baby by now! I'm feeling mostly impatient and sometimes a little bit nervous but otherwise good. At my last appointment on Friday I found out that I was 1 cm dilated and the cervix is softening. The thing about these measurements is that they don't mean much really, labor can come as fast or slow as it wants!

Last Wednesday was my last official day at the office. I'm working from home in my comfortable clothes and no shoes and it's great, so much easier on me. I still have a lot to do for work so I'm trying to get it done as quickly as possible. When I return to work in February I'll have a new position due to a restructuring in QA and a new manager (who will be across the ocean in the UK!) so I really just have to close out all the remaining stuff I have open at this point.

So far, I've had a few contractions but nothing too bad, timely or consistent. I did have a few that surprised me because they weren't the strong cramping feeling I was expecting but more of a sharp stabbing pain. The doctor said those were indeed contraction feelings which made me a little more nervous about what to expect. I'm still feeling really swollen, my feet usually get hot and tight by the end of the day, and I think I'm just all around retaining water. I managed to gain 4 pounds in one week (which concerned me more than the doctor!) and I think it's got to be water weight. I'm pretty sure he's dropped lower because my hip pain while sleeping has returned and the lower part of my belly is stretching and super itchy now. They say that when the baby drops you can usually breathe easier and have less heartburn but unfortunately mine has gotten twice as bad now! I think he must be stretched out in there b/c I still feel feet in my upper belly! I usually require Tums after I put anything in my mouth! Baby boy is still super active, he get's especially excited as soon as I eat something! I don't know if he hears my stomach or what! He's definitely under tight quarters now because the movements feel more like stretches and a little bit of struggles to get in a different position. He's a strong little guy, he's made my abs sore for weeks now with his pushes and punches!

Thanks for all the check ins, we'll keep everyone updated once something starts to happen. Tomorrow is a full moon and they say Labor and Delivery wings are super busy then...maybe tomorrow will be our day?!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

good Luck Kim...wishing you a speedy delivery, SOON!