15 November 2008

40 week, 3 day update

We had our doctor appointment yesterday and I didn't come out of there too happy. The doctor checked me and said that the previous doctor who told me I was dilated 1 cm has "small fingers" and she didn't think I was even that far. She felt the baby from the outside and asked how tall I was then said "well, I don't think he'll be a small baby, but I'm sure you can handle it." I have no idea what weight range that means though! Then she said, we'll schedule you for an induction next week and ran off to do that.

I'll be calling in Tuesday night (I think just to make sure there is room for me) and going in that night to get medication to help me dilate. They will then start the induction with pitocin on Wednesday morning. From what I've heard from others, that could mean I have a baby on Wednesday afternoon or even as late as Thursday.

I'm still hoping something happens naturally but I won't be surprised if I'm sleeping in the hospital on Tuesday night either. I find it hard to believe that this baby doesn't want out yet, it feels like he's mighty uncomfortable in there when he moves (or maybe that's just me!).

1 comment:

Kimberly said...

Awww, sorry to hear you are disappointed. I TOTALLY know your pain. I was induced on the 8/21, a Thurs. did cervidil and then the pit at 5am and was hardly dilating. I didn't have her till the 8/23 (sat)! BUT- the good news is I was told my case was RARE and that things do not usually take that long! So... I am hoping for you to get in there and respond to the pit and deliver that baby boy with ease! Best wishes Kim!!! I will be eagerly waiting the news.