12 August 2008

Blogging from Miami with iPhone pics

I'm in Miami this week for work but thankfully this is probably my last extended trip until after maternity leave! I almost didn't get here due to storms. I had a 6 PM flight on Sunday that boarded only a few minutes little late only to wait for the first officer, back out and get parked on the ramp due to storms in the area. Sitting in a plane, surrounded by Spanish speaking people (although a nice preview for Miami) in a crazy thunderstorm was not my idea of fun for the night. The Spanish speaking extended family surrounding me was yelling at the son (seated next to me) to move up to the empty seat between his parents. I think they were saying something about me being pregnant and needing space but I couldn't remember my Espanol class vocab. He didn't budge, just turned up his techno music even louder so that I could also enjoy it. At least the pilot was prompt with updates and we were allowed to use cell phones. Thank goodness for the iPhone at times like those! After the storms passed (about 2 hours later!) and as we waited in the long back up of planes trying to land and take off I noticed a double rainbow out the window so I took a pic:

See the double rainbow? It was much brighter in real life.


Tomorrow I'm officially 27 weeks and today is 3 months from my due date. The belly amazes me every time I see it. With three more months of growth to go, I'm thinking I'll be leaving the cute belly stage soon! Today was fun because as I was sitting at work at our contract manufacturer I noticed my name badge concoction moving (I wear a badge around my neck and attach my phone and pen to it while down here. It looks a little ridiculous but keeps everything I need in reach.). He was kicking so hard that he was pushing it around! So fun. He's really getting strong and active! Anyway, here are some crappy iPhone pics showing the hugeness of the bulge during my boring night in the Marriott room (Granted I did just eat but it still usually looks like this!)


No comments: