07 August 2008

26 week update

Things are going great with this pregnancy! I feel great for the most part. Baby boy is really gaining strength with those kicks and rolls! We had an appointment on Wednesday and he was rolling around so much the nurse couldn't catch his heartbeat for a while but once she did it sounded great.

This was the first time the doctor did the oh-so-scientific measuring of my belly with the measuring tape and he said despite my feeling huge I'm measuring right on schedule. My weight although not alarming to him was super alarming to me, it made me a little sad to see the scale that high, especially since the baby is only about 2 pounds of it! So as a little pick me up, I'm getting my hair trimmed and highlighted this weekend! I definitely have the soft, fuller locks of pregnancy which is great but the length is starting to weigh it down too much.

My ankles and feet have been swelling lately, most noticeably after flying which I've done twice during July but he wasn't too concerned with that either. After a trip to Miami this coming week I don't have any flights scheduled which is nice. I took a look at the feet of my pre-natal swim classmates who are mostly 6-8 weeks ahead of me and they don't appear to have any swelling! If that is what gets the worst as I enter the third trimester I won't complain. Hey, I may just have to wear flip-flops to work!

Everything else with the pregnancy is great. The only other complaint I have is some hip pain during sleeping and my back gets sore from sitting for a while but even that isn't that bad. The heartburn that I used to get instantly after eating chocolate has even calmed down **knock wood**!

In other baby related news, Mr. Peck and Pete finished the wainscoting and crown molding in the nursery. It's ready to have the nail holes patched and the room to be painted. Mrs. Peck, the designer, also has lots of little touches in the works to make it special and they all look great so far!

Here's my current belly picture!

No comments: