12 February 2009

My Baby and I project - Week 6

On February 11, 2009 I officially became a working mom. Armed with more bags than hands I went back for two days carrying my pump bag, laptop bag, lunch bag, and purse! Despite the smile in the picture I wasn't happy about it! My first day back was Andrew's third day at school. Duane took off my last two days of maternity leave so that we could do two practice runs of our morning routine. It went pretty well and much to our delight, Andrew did great at school! He played, ate bottles and even took some long naps, something that he doesn't like to do at home! His first two full days were much like his half days and we are relieved to say it seems like the extreme fussiness has gone away! We have our happy boy back again!

I'm transitioning back slowly - I won't be there a full week until the end of March. I'll work 3 days for three weeks then 4 days for the 3 weeks after that and enjoy my days off with the little guy. We seem to have a morning routine that works so as soon as Andrew lets mommy get more than 5 hours of sleep in small increments we'll be good! That and avoiding spitting up on mommy's work clothes - I went to work on day #2 with spit up in my hair and on my tank top. Lovely!

No comments: