28 May 2008

16 weeks down, 168 days to go!

Today I hit the 16 week mark! According to my weekly pregnancy updates the baby is somewhere from the size of an avocado to an apple or around 4.5 inches long from head to butt. It's able to squint, frown and open it's mouth, has fingernails and will go through a growth spurt to double it's weight in the next 3 weeks! It can kick, grasp with its hands and do somersaults (although I haven't felt any of that yet)!

I think my belly looks like a bit of a blob but I also think that it's popped beyond what I thought was bloating up to this point. I'm still feeling tired but hope that the Snoogle I got today in the mail will help me sleep. I'm hoping it will keep me off of my back and make me comfortable enough to lay on my left side (which to this point is not something I comfortably do).

I hesitated to share these but you'll probably all see the damage sooner or later :)

The first pic is my "normal" belly, the second is me pushing it out to give the baby a little more room to roll around for a few seconds! What do you think? I'm definitely wider now, huh?

1 comment:

April Ziegler said...

Ha! Mine looks similar w/ NO baby involved. Damn post-wedding lazyness. What a cute little bump you have!